Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I feel like a walking textbook - feels damn good


I just got out of Sports Medicine Exam. It was "intense" to say the least- and now I am exhausted. It was a really good performance. Though all the writing during the last 2 weeks caused some symptoms of Extensor Carpi Radialis Brevis Tendinitis. And guess, now I know how to treat it... Thanks to Sports Med..
For now I need a coffee and breakfast and then go for a hammering swim and run. One more exam to go on Saturday and that's it for now. Sort of sad to leave Advanced Exercise Physiology behind. The knowledge I gained throughout this semester is worth a million. I will miss it. What happens in the body is a mere wonder and is beyond imagination and thus my advise is to trust it, treasure it and respect it. I have gained a real interest in how the brain coordinates all processes and might look into doing research in this field. The body's integrity and internal communication is sort of comparable to how the universe is interacting and unless one does not know about it, it is hard to explain how fantastic it is. One might stand at night in a light polluted city, looking up into the sky and only seeing some random points in the sky, "So what is special about that" that person most likely will think. But once you know which stars and planets and galaxies these are and how unbelievable they interact and once you have seen a true sky without light pollution and once you are getting to know more how insane the universe is, you will find yourself looking up into the sky shaking your head and wondering "How can that be - This is sort of freaky.." I found myself head shaking during many lectures, being stunned what newest research findings have shown. I am so blessed to attend this university, world leader in this field.
Anyways-
I will post some of the material I've learned in Exercise Physiology and Sports Med soon.

No comments: