Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gold Coast Sprint - Luke H. Memorial



I am pleased to see that I again had the fastest bike split despite having a crash at the last U-turn just 200m prior to the dismount that brought me upon the lead. The skin rash and hip hurt for the run and I was not able to close the gap to A. Gentle and ended up with 2nd. It was a good race and I experimented with a different supplementation strategy during the bike split and it turned out to be beneficial for the cramping issues I have experienced during the run in previous races. Overall I am happy with my result and am pleased to see that I can be very competitive to the younger Olympic hopefuls who are supported by Australian Institute of Sports and the like. I wanted to thank Rocket Science Sports for their support and excellent triathlon suit. It literally saved my butt (or more specifically an exposed butt cheek) for the rest of the race- it was not even torn after I went down on the bike. However I need new skin on my lower leg and a new rear race tire.
Thank you also to Dr.Mike McMahon for his support, Rudy Project, Gary Land, Somerville Pool (100% sponsor)

1 comment:

wvickers said...

Awesome and congrats!!