Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Love for the Ocean



It has been insane windy since I arrived on Oahu. The day I took this picture, I swam to the Moke's and it was the only day so far that it ws not been crazy windy. I swim a lot. I've been swimming in the ocean regardless of the choppiness and winds, and love it. I love the force of nature. Swimming while rain is the best. A friend of mine and surfer once said, "it is like having a real good conversation with the water". It is like that, indeed. Sometimes the water is so choppy and massive on the surface, and I think "oh man, that is going to be a tough one".. But then there is no strong current and turbulence under the surface. It has been like that a couple of times; I felt like a feather, just effortless , totally in the zone - just me and the huge water mass. Other times it feels like being flushed in a toilet boil. Not so fun. Like yesterday. It was so bad that I got dizzy from the ups and downs of the waves. In addition the sand gets whirled around and rocks back and forth. Kind of like a hypnotherapist that holds one of those turning spiral plates in front of your eyes and you are like "oohhwoow, I am falling- where am I"...Anyways. I love the ocean.

No comments: