Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Cholo’s Swim


The men’s winner is a 20 year old followed by a 14 year old kid. The women’s was won by a 17 year old. Amazing. I was 6th woman. I had a very good race. Paced myself well in the first third, did a few good sprint escapes to the next draft and stood strong and focused for the finish. It went by quickly. I was glad it was not longer, because of my tingly sensation in my right arm. I had an accident in 2004. I crashed into a van and broke my right wrist in a complicated manner. Ever since it gets numb when swimming longer than 25 minutes. The entire arm gets tingly and I don’t know where it is or what it is doing (stroke wise). Not fun. I mention this because I would swim hours in the ocean, but because of the discomfort I don’t.
Amazing also the scenery of this second swim race of the North Shore series: Waimea Bay. When I first ever went to Waimea Bay, there was a group of 10 or so dolphins outside the bay. I swam out and there were directly underneath me and jumped around. It was stunning. Even during last years event, there was a large group if Spinners, not shy of the mass of people.
I love Hawaii!

No comments: