Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Maui

I know you guys were waiting for my post here, so I just want to give a quick update on what is happening. I have been feeling miserably nauseous since race finish. I passed out for a couple of seconds after a bike dismount, but was able to get back on the bike and do the run, which felt all fine. I went to the doc early Tuesday morning but nothing is unnormal (racing Maui is slightly unnormal I guess). The doc said I might just have suffered a heat shock.  I am happy to have finished the race in 16th place. I will post a more detailed report soon! Thanks for all the txt messages and good-luck emails that I have received. I tought about all you guys when I was out there and it helped me to stay focused and not just give up! Mahalo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marion, I think you've created a new exertion zone somewhere above Redline (Unconscious, Still Pedaling). Another XTERRA exclusive! Should we call it the Marion Zone? Can you still coach from this new Zone? In all seriousness - an amazing effort and performance from a remarkably tough and committed athlete!